Welcome to my new series, Friday Five! I've been running these as a feature on my Instagram for weeks now, but wanted to have a dedicated place where I could share links to the actual recipes and point the spotlight on some other blogs I really love! This is as much for me as it is for you, since I want to go back and make every single one of these recipes and need a place to keep them, haha! Every week, I'll be putting up a brand new, fun mini-post just like this one, including some other goodies I'm loving right now: books I want to read, artists to check out, albums I'm listening to, who knows? It's an open-ended concept, and it's all about sharing the love! Occasionally (like today), Friday Five will also contain some affiliate links to products I'm currently obsessing over, which will earn me a tiny commission if you happen to purchase through the links (at no extra cost to you, so win-win!).
And now........on to the love!!
TOP FIVE RECIPES I'M LOVING:
This vibrant avocado grapefruit salad by The Kitchy Kitchen--come on, those colors just SCREAM "spring is here!!"
These Caribbean shrimp tacos with roasted jalapeño pineapple salsa verde by Half Baked Harvest (a 20 minute recipe!)
This sweet potato & kale "mac and cheese" by The Colorful Kitchen, which is the holy grail of recipes in that it looks completely delicious, but ALSO happens to be gluten free and vegan!
These mini waffles with lox cream cheese by Heart Beet Kitchen, because honestly, you had me at "mini waffles," okay?
And finally, this colorful curry coconut soup by What's Gaby Cooking, a great example of bout a dozen things I love all snuggled together in the same bowl!
TOP FIVE PODCASTS IN MY EARBUDS THIS WEEK:
- Hashtag Authentic - The official podcast of one of my favorite blogs, Me & Orla, Sara's podcast is equally full of useful advice for online entrepreneurs and delightful British accents of all kinds.
- Pursuit with Purpose - Melyssa Griffin is the online marketing guru who first opened my eyes to the fact that Pinterest was more than just a time-waster, it can be a huge driver of traffic for your business (whaaaaaaaaaa?)! She has amazing guests and insightful topics, as well.
- Goal Digger Podcast - Jenna Kutcher is an online marketing badass, and I think she might control the universe.
- Spilled Milk - Moving away from the realm business advice podcasts, Spilled Milk is a weekly offering by two food writer/comedians that I just love, and I've been listening to them for so long, I think at this point they're one of the O.G. podcasts.
- The Discomfort Zone - This brand new (two episodes in!) podcast by my insanely talented friend Meister is sure to go viral, so tell people you heard it from me first, haha! Meister's podcast is packed with vulnerability and charm, and she goes in-depth with her guests in a way that's truly fascinating.
TOP FIVE FINDS THIS WEEK:
You can never have too many faux marble notebooks handy for scribbling in, am I right?
These classic (& cheap!) Wayfarer-style sunglasses, my obsession now and forever
Speaking of classics, I'm thinking of living in these blush beauties all spring long
This bold, lightweight geometric scarf can stay in rotation all spring long, too!
And finally, everything's fancier when sipped out of a pink marble cup. IT IS KNOWN.
Happy Friday, everyone!!